Thursday 15 August 2013

Lana Del Rey Portrait

Lana Del Rey is one of my favourite singers around, and I am hugely inspired by her work, ranging from her unique lyrics and video cinematography, to her glamorous retro image and style. I decided to do a portrait of the singer as I love her individual look. 

I used HB pencil to create a sketchy texture, varying pressure in order to create different tones. I found the fingers quite difficult to draw as I have always struggled with getting the proportions right, either making them too long and gangly or too short and stubby! However, as this is one of my first portraits, I am very pleased with the outcome, especially the proportions of the features and the attention to small details, such as the creases on the lips and fingers.

Hope you like it! :)

Beth xxx   

4 comments: