Saturday 12 April 2014

Garden Party Inspiration

With summer only a couple of months away, I've been letting my mind wander to those sunny days and warm evenings ahead. And with summer comes parties!

At the end of the academic year, my university hosts it's annual Garden Party - my personal favourite event of the year! Last year saw strawberries, ice cream and Pimm's galore, as well as bouncy castles, fireworks and a ferris wheel! But of course, the most important part of the event for me are the dresses, and this year I'm on the hunt for something special without breaking the bank. I absolutely loved the sparkly sequins of Christmas and New Years, so I'm hoping to carry this trend on into summer, mixing it with delicate fabrics, lace and soft tones for the ultimate pretty garden party dress!
I found this picture on Pinterest, but unfortunately have no idea where it's from, nor how much it costs (I'm guessing it's not cheap!). I absolutely love the intricate embellishment of the top contrasting with the simple skirt, and the colour is so summery and feminine! This is my dream dress right here, but alas, I will only ever have a picture of it...


I love the vintage style of this dress, as well as the delicate detailing of the lace panels and buttons. It is simple elegance. Unfortunately, it is also a bit too expensive for my student budget, but a girl can dream...


With beading from top to bottom, this is embellishment to perfection! I also love the statuesque shape of this dress, as well as the delicate material and natural cream colour. But once again, embellishment doesn't come cheap, and at £250 this dress is wayyy beyond my budget. 


In an attempt to find some cheaper alternatives, I went to eBay and found this lovely little dress from Miss Selfridge. I love the pattern of the sequins continuing from front to back and top to bottom, as well as the mesh neckline and back. However, I am looking for a more loose fitting or skater dress style rather than a bodycon fit - with a flared skirt this dress would be spot on for me!


I absolutely love the delicacy of this dress from Miss Selfridge, combining embroidery and embellishment. It is such a pretty floral dress perfect for summer parties!


I love the floral appliqued top of this dress and the high neck line of this dress, and the contrast between the delicate top and full structured skirt, making a pretty, girly dress.


These are just a few of the dresses I have found, and I am still on the hunt for the perfect one. No doubt, I'll find many more that I will add to my imaginary wishlist, so expect another post like this in the near future!

As always, thanks for reading, and if anyone knows of any sites or shops with pretty summer dresses then please let me know in the comments :)

Love, Beth xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow those are some really cute dresses you've found on ebay! I'm new to the blogging world, so if you have a second to check out my new site I would greatly appreciate it :) http://thedivadiaries.wix.com/the-diva-diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty aren't they?! Of course, will check out your blog now :) xxx

      Delete