Thursday 26 June 2014

Super Chocolatey Marshmallowey Birthday Cake


I was requested to make the chocolatiest, fudgiest, unhealthiest cake I could for my housemate's birthday, so of course I had to go for the classic chocolate fudge cake! However, I decided to add a little something extra in the form of pink and white marshmallows and chocolate buttons laid out in a check board pattern - a sweet tooth's dream!

I followed this recipe, working around my inability to make a two layered cake due to insufficient cake tins by cutting through one sponge and spreading the fudge icing between the two halves instead. Although this meant it wasn't quite as big as I wanted, the sugary decorations and chocolatey taste makes this cake a real show stopper!

 What's your show stopper cake?

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment