Tuesday 22 July 2014

Montagne Jeunesse Iced Crystal Exfoliating and Cleansing Facial


For me face masks are the ultimate treat for my face and a perfect lift for when you and your skin aren't feeling too fresh. Montagne Jeunesse are the face mask brand of my early teenage years so I was keen to try them out again!

I decided to try their Iced Crystal Exfoliating and Cleansing Facial with Spearmint and Dead Sea Salt from Wilkinsons for £1 (also available at numerous other shops e.g. Boots, Superdrug, even New Look). I often suffer from fairly tired looking skin, so this face mask's promise to "wake up your skin and senses" as the "Spearmint and cooling Menthol cleanse and tone your skin while exfoliating Dead Sea Crystals gently refresh and renew" sounded ideal.

For all you animal lovers out there, Montagne Jeunesse promises that this product is suitable for vegetarians and isn't tested on animals, so no bunnies were harmed in the making of this face mask! It's also very easy to use. Simply splash water on your face, apply the product, wait 10-15 mins, and then rinse off, gently massaging the product into a foam in order to exfoliate your skin.

I'm not going to lie, it does smell like you're putting toothpaste on your face, but it is definitely refreshing! The texture is grainy from the exfoliating Dead Sea Crystals, but a lot more gel like and transparent than the image on the packaging suggests - something which doesn't really bother me but couldnt be misleading.

The result? My skin was definitely a lot softer and felt more refreshed, but in my opinion it would need more than one application over a few days to get maximum visible results. Luckily enough there is enough product in each pack to get 2, maybe even 3, applications out of it. For £1 it's excellent value for money, and I'll definitely be using it again!

Have you tried any of Montagne Jeunesse's face masks? Which ones would you recommend?

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment