Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014 Highlights

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and have put those Christmas food babies to rest! I had a lovely Christmas and got lots of lovely pressies and, as per usual, ate far too much food! We've finally just about seen the last of the turkey and after a week of turkey sandwiches, turkey curry, turkey anything you could imagine, I couldn't be happier to see the back of it! Is it just me or does anyone else dread the turkey days after Christmas?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/401524123002637315/
Wow, so this is it. Another year gone! I don't know about you but my 2014 has flown by! It's time to have a look back at my highlights...

2014 New Years Resolution

After spending a lot of 2013 just not being happy, I made my resolution for 2014 to be more positive. An interesting thing in making yourself think positively is noticing just how negative everyone else can be and admittedly it is difficult to not let it get to you. While I still have my moments, my overall outlook on things are much more positive, and I purposely seek out the good in everything I see or hear while avoiding what I know will bring me down. But this is by no means limited to just 2014, I will carry my positivity with me into 2015!

New Hobby

A big highlight for my 2014 has been my introduction to pole fitness. After starting lessons at the beginning of the year, I had no idea just how much I would love it! It's incredible to see how much I have improved since that first lesson, and I can't wait to see what else I'll be able to achieve in 2015!


Jumping into Falmouth life (literally)

In my bid to be more positive, I decided to embrace Falmouth life and try new things. I went on more walks along the beaches, bought a wetsuit, went swimming in the sea, kayaking, coasteering and jumped off cliffs! Biggest of all for me though: I did the majority of these on my own. I've always been very independent, but was a bit nervous to go out and actively do things by myself. But this year I decided to be brave, and while it is sometimes scary and can feel a little bit awkward, it is always liberating to know that you don't have to depend on other people.


Bambino

I won my little fishy at a fair back in June but sadly he didn't look in good shape and I honestly didn't expect him to survive more than a week. But I'm happy to announce he's still alive and swimming around! Unfortunately I have to keep him at home as I don't have a way to transport him home from uni, but I'm glad he's doing well!

Mr R

Ok, it's about to get soppy, but he deserves a mention! Mr R has really been my rock through this year. He is always there to listen to my problems and reassure me when I need it (as well as tell me to man up), and never fails to put a smile on my face when I'm feeling down. I don't know how I got so lucky to be with such a generous and caring person but I'm very happy that I am! (And as I know he will read this at some point, there, you finally got your mention on my blog!)

Third year

I have finally reached my last year at uni. They really don't lie when you're applying to uni - it does flash by without you realising! I am very sad that my time at uni is coming to end, and it is terrifying to think that I'll soon have to enter the real adult world, but I'm also excited to see what's in store! But in the mean time, let's enjoy my last few months in Falmouth!

New flat

With my third year came a new flat! Ever since I chose to study in Falmouth I had visions of living right next to the sea, and now I can say I finally have that!

FINALLY enjoying my course

A bit of a downer, but for my first and second years of uni my course wasn't quite what I had expected, and as a result I didn't really enjoy it. Uni is hard enough but trust me when I say, it's even harder when you're not fully dedicated to writing about something you have no interest in. But finally after getting to choose my own modules in my third year I can say I am absolutely loving my course! Sadly those two modules have come to an end and I will be starting a new one next year, but I have found my area of interest: children's literature! Being a grown up child, it's not surprising really!

21
I'm officially an adult, scary huh?


Paris
After the best birthday surprise I could wish for, I finally went to Paris! As expected, it was magical, and, also as expected, I want to go back! Post to follow very soon.


My little blog

Before the beginning of this year, I wasn't fully dedicated to my little blog here, but after the huge amount of support I've received in 2014 I am now very proud of what I've created! Of course it's nowhere near perfect, but I just want to say thank you to all my followers and everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings! It really does mean a lot :)

Roll on 2015!


What have been your highlights this year?

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment