Wednesday 11 March 2015

Pinnock's Coffee House, Ripley

I absolutely love tea and cake, so as another treat for my 21st birthday back in December, my mum, sister and I went for a ladies afternoon tea at Pinnock's Coffee House in a little Surrey village called Ripley. We had heard good things about Pinnock's in the past, so were excited to see what all the fuss was about!


Set in a pretty countryside surrounding, Ripley is a lovely little village with some absolute gems hidden away, such as this cute church converted into a bridal shop - bonus points for the pretty Christmas decorations!   

As soon as you walk into Pinnock's you are instantly welcomed by friendly smiles and "hello's" from the staff behind the counter lined with cakes galore. The cosy countryside decor and low ceiling beams makes you feel instantly at home, perfect for a relaxed lunch and chat over tea on a chilly Winter's day. And there was a lot of tea! Served in cute mismatched crockery, there was plenty to go around between 3 of us. After browsing the impressive menu and making the difficult decision of which delicious sandwich to go for, I decided to order the premium "chilli sausage" sandwich; two mildly spiced chilli sausages in a crusty white baguette with sticky onion marmelade, served with a side of homemade coleslaw, crips and rocket garnish. Yum!
Although I was quite full up from my huge baguette, of course I couldn't say no to cake! After another difficult decision of which cake to go for out of their huge homemade selection, I decided to try the salted caramel and chocolate tart. Maybe a bit too rich after a big sandwich and countless cups of tea, but I still finished it all off!

Unfortunately I can't remember the overall price of our lunch, apart from my sandwich which cost around £5.50. We all left with happy tummys so it was definitely money well spent! I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Pinnock's, even if a Christmas tree did fall on me while I was drinking my tea... something I'm willing too overlook! I look forward to my next visit to Pinnock's and trying some more of their delicious cakes!

Where is your favourite place to go to for afternoon tea? 

Love, Beth xxx

2 comments: