Monday 25 May 2015

Dolly's Tea Room and Wine Bar, Falmouth

If I had to choose my favourite place in Falmouth to have little bite to eat and a cup of tea to sip there's clearly only one winner: Dolly's Tea Room and Wine Bar! Ever since I first set foot in Dolly's in my first year at university, I have been back again and again, so I thought it was high time I wrote a post about just why it's my favourite.

Dolly's Tea Room and Wine Bar is the epitome of everything I love about tea rooms; quirky, vintage, relaxing, with tea and cakes galore! Placed above Falmouth Booksellers up a set of rickety old stairs, it can sometimes be overlooked by passers by. However, don't let this put you off! Settle yourself down into a seat by the window and observe the hustle and bustle below in the streets from the comfort of this peaceful Georgian room. 

From beautiful vintage crockery and decor, to a wooden piano (often found occupied by a pianist in the evenings), to the friendliest pearl-wearing Labrador you'll ever meet, Dolly's is full of little gems that set it apart from every other tea room.

There are plenty of drinks on offer, from pots of tea served in mismatched vintage crockery (perfect alongside a scone or two) to speciality coffee. Or how about a superfruit iced tea? Deliciously cool and refreshing, ideal for summer!
Hungry? Dolly's got you covered! How about a comforting bowl of the soup of the day? Pear and parsnip is one of my new favourites!
Or perhaps a sandwich? From crab to smoked salmon and cream cheese, they've got all you need for a sophisticated lunch date! I'm not even a huge fan of salmon but I definitely wouldn't mind getting one of these again!
And of course you couldn't go to Dolly's without appreciating their homemade cakes! This caramalised orange cake is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings!
Dolly's isn't just limited to lunch though; they are also open in the evenings for tapas, special cocktails served in teapots and all the wine you could wish for! Dolly's is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to differing closing times, so be sure to check before you head off to avoid disappointment!

Do you have a favourite tea room? Comment below!

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment