Wednesday 8 July 2015

Graduation Ball

Following the end of my degree, my university held the annual extravagant graduation ball. Castles, sea views, fireworks, it was a party to remember!

After a ridiculous amount of dress searching (I never thought I'd see the day I'd get fed up of looking at dresses but apparently I have) and a stressful sending back and forth of numerous dresses, I finally found this one from ASOS (which I had actually tried to buy early one before it went out of stock... only to come back into stock weeks later! It was fate). Blue isn't a recurrent colour in my wardrobe, but I absolutely loved how elegant this dress was combined with the pretty pleats. Plus I would be reflecting the sea! I teamed my outfit with some nude heels (similar here) and clutch bag (similar here), and provided some bling with a jeweled pale blue flower necklace (similar here) and some statement sparkly earrings (similar here), all from New Look. I left my hair down though straightened it with a slight curl (a bit unintentional but my hair does what it wants!).
A few snaps first amongst the flowers with my lovely housemate of 3 years, Caroline, in the beautiful gardens outside our flat. The weather definitely outdid itself for this one! I was also incredibly lucky to have Reiss travel all the way down from London to Cornwall specially to be my plus one for the night! What better accessory than a tall handsome man? In all seriousness though, I was so happy to be spending my final university event with my two favourite people, and wouldn't have had it any other way.
The setting of Pendennis Castle was perfect with some incredible sea views over Falmouth. We all felt suitably classy and grown up sauntering around the grounds dressed up to the nines (this soon changed to slight stumbling after a few drinks!).
The view was pretty nice from the top of the castle.

Found my Leonardo DiCaprio for the night!
The marquee was equally stunning, with pretty fairy lights, lanterns and flowers decorating the white pleated ceiling.
As the sun set over the historical buildings we continued to converse outside in the grounds with our complimentary fizz whilst nibbling on yummy canapes, blessed with a warm summer evening.
Darkness gradually descended, and the night sky was instead lit up with a breathtaking display of beautiful fireworks. We gasped in awe as we watched rocket after rocket explode into glittering stars alongside the castle lit up within the dark grounds. I am a sucker for any type of firework, but this had to be one of my favourite displays, ending university with a bang (sorry)!
Fueled by complimentary prosecco and jugs of Pimms, we danced the night away to some brilliant live music.
After three brilliant years at university filled with some amazing memories, I couldn't think of a more perfect way to celebrate finishing. Here's to many more adventures to come!
Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment