Thursday 20 August 2015

Primark and New Look Haul

Unfortunately, my plans to go on holiday this year have been dashed... boo hoo :( So, what do you do with all that saved up holiday money? Go clothes shopping, of course! There's always a silver lining!
I haven't been to Primark in what feels like forever, and after seeing so many lovely pieces both online and on friends, I had to pay a visit! Sadly, there wasn't much on offer that took my fancy in my local store, but I did pick up a few bargains.

 // Twisted Mini Bar  Necklace // £1 //

I love small minimalist necklaces, and they don't come much more minimalist than this! Simple yet effective!

 // Canvas Loafers // £8 £4 //

I love the casual, slightly old lady, style of loafers, but don't actually own a pair, so when I saw these I had to get them! With their nautical look, they're perfect for summer (or more the tail-end, have to make sure they're kept away from rain though!). Although they're admittedly a little too big for me, for £4 I couldn't resist!
// Black Plain Fit and Flare Dress // £5 £3 //

Every girl needs a little black dress in her wardrobe, preferably one that isn't dangerously close to revealing a bit more than intended (21-year-old Beth is regretting 19-year-old Beth's teeny tiny clothing choices). I love the flared skirt of this dress and it makes me feel like a ballerina when it swishes, always a plus!
// Funnel Bodycon Dress // £5 //

This dress was a last minute decision as I was walking to the check-out and it's a steal at just £5! I love the high neck and tight fit, and, despite the usually dreaded horizontal stripes, the bold pattern is actually super slimming!


// Patterned Slim Trousers // £9.99 £6 //

Anything that makes me feel like I'm wearing pyjamas automatically gets a thumbs up from me. I love comfy patterned trousers, and styled with a plain top, they're an easy way to get an effortlessly cool and laid-back look. 

I wasn't actually planning on buying this top, and only picked it up as something to try on with my next item. But as I don't have any cropped vests, yet own a lot of high-waisted clothes, I considered it a staple that my wardrobe needed. 

Despite loving the style of this skirt, I really wasn't sure about buying it as it is so different to everything else I own and I had no idea where and when I would actually wear it. But I'm a firm believer in the idea that you'll regret the things you don't do, or in this case buy, so I went for it! It's big, it's bold, it makes my eyes feel funny, but I love it, and have now requested Reiss take me out to dinner somewhere fancy just so I can wear it.

What do you think of my buys? Have you found any bargains recently?

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment