Friday 20 November 2015

Pumpkin Soup

Another pumpkin post! Just to warn you, there will probably be a lot of these...

After making my Pumpkin Pie, in an attempt to create a dent in the massive pumpkin stash I currently have in my freezer, I decided to try out pumpkin soup. As butternut squash soup is probably one of my favourites (check out my Butternut Sqash and Chill Soup post here), I was keen to see how pumpkin would compare.

BBC Good Food served me well with my previous soup attempt, so I used their Pumpkin Soup recipe. It was very simple and easy to follow, though defrosting my frozen pumpkin chunks proved very time consuming. It was only after I had defrosted 1kg worth of chunks I found out that you can actually cook them from frozen if you're using them in a soup. Oops.

Perhaps it was because I used a white pumpkin, but I found my soup rather bland, so to try and give it a bit of 'oomph' I sprinkled in some chilli powder. Although by no means did this soup taste bad, I definitely prefer my butternut squash soup. This soup just lacked in flavour (any flavour it did have resembled that of celery, odd), and was a bit too creamy for me, and that's saying something as I love cream. I'm still open to giving pumpkin a chance though, so if anyone has any advice on how to spice up pumpkin soup then I'd love to hear about it!

Have you tried pumpkin soup before? What are your opinions of it?

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment