Friday 8 January 2016

Life in the Mountains

Well, hello stranger!

Happy new year! Firstly, many many apologies for such a long silence here on my blog. I have missed just sitting down, taking a breather and writing a post. If you follow me on Instagram or read this post, you'll probably know I've been a bit of a busy bee this past month or so, and that I'm not writing this from Surrey, but from the snowy Austrian mountains of St. Anton.


Life in the mountains is a bit of a bubble. It's incredibly easy to disconnect yourself from the mania of the outside world and get lost in the beautiful forests, the endless skiing, and, of course, the crazy apres. In a way it has done me a world of good moving out here on my own, creating a new life with new friends, doing new things. I may have only been here for a month, but I feel like I've grown so much already.

As expected, life as a chalet girl isn't all fun and games though. It is hard work, and there have been times where I've questioned my decision, but once you're out in the open, skiing down a freshly powdered piste, or watching the sun set behind the snowy mountains, there is no doubt that all the hard work is worth it.

So what have I been up to? I've eaten incredible food from day one, I've danced on top of tabes in ski boots, I've swum outside in the snow in a heated pool, and I've even got a bit of skiing in here and there. I spent my first Christmas away from my family skiing in a onesie and drinking champagne on top of the mountain, while I saw 2016 in with fireworks and a massive street party with the rest of the resort, dancing under the first snowfall we've had since we arrived here. I've seen the mountains transform from sunshine and grass, to a blanket of pure white, and I've loved every moment of it. All in all, life's good here in the mountains. And I'm very excited to see what the next few months have in store.



Love from,

Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment