Tuesday 31 May 2016

May Reflections

I'll be honest with you, I've been looking forward to seeing the back of May.

It's been a pretty uneventful month for me, but it has also been a month of making plans. From booking holidays and buying festival tickets, to starting a new job to save up money for travelling, I know my future self will thank me for all this preparation! So I'm going to view this quiet month as the calm before the storm. And after an incredible time at my first festival of the year, We Are FSTVL, this bank holiday weekend, I cannot wait for the adventures ahead! Bring on the Summer!!

Alongside my planning, I didn't forget about my May Goals either. Let's see how I did...

1. Learn to cook from scratch

In a bid to become more healthy, I wanted to learn to make some meals completely from scratch, no jar or packet mix in sight. I did my research, jotted down a load of healthy recipes in my notebook, and am proud to say I actually made some without the end result being a disaster! From sweet potato noodles and courgette fritters, to falafels and Jamaican mango chicken, I think it's finally safe to say that I am no longer a danger to myself or others when it comes to cooking.

2. Become a morning person

So while I am still not quite that person who is willingly up and ready to go at 7 in the morning everyday, I have been trying to get up at an acceptable time. I'll admit that recently I've slipped into the habit of waking up and then spending the next hour on my phone, still wrapped up in my duvet, but I'm awake so that counts, right...?

3. Make a season scrapbook

One thing definitely ticked off the list! Even though it makes me a bit sad to look back (I still haven't quite gotten over the season blues), it's nice to know all my favourite photos and souvenirs are kept in a safe place for whenever I want to take a trip down memory lane.

4. Travel plans

This is an ongoing project but my research for travelling is well under way!

5. Visit somewhere new on my own

Although I did visit new places this month, it was never on my own... There's always next month!

How was your May?

Love, Beth xxx

2 comments:

  1. I want to start cooking healthier, what Recipies have you found? As id love to know. Looks like you had a good month tho! I'm planning to go away traveling too! xo

    whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the recipes I used are on BBC Good Food, I'll do some cooking posts soon! Oo exciting, hope you keep us posted on your travels :) xxx

      Delete